Artificial Intelligence in Search Training
In this training you will learn how to design and implement intelligent natural language search leveraging Open Source software.
You will learn about language modelling, vector based search and how to integrate it with Apache Lucene/Solr and Elasticsearch.
Skills You Will Gain
• How to integrate natural language processing techniques with your search engine
• How to use pre-trained language models and fine tune them for your specific use case
• The pros/cons of vector based search
• How to do that with Apache Lucene/Solr and Elasticsearch
Basic understanding of Search Engines and Machine Learning
Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Machine Learning passionates.
APACHE LUCENE/SOLR COMMITTER
Alessandro has been involved in designing and developing search-relevant solutions from 2010.
Over the years he has worked on various projects, with various open source technologies aiming to build search solutions able to satisfy the user information needs, often integrating such solutions with machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies.
Natural Language Processing
NLP tasks useful for Search
Open Source Libraries Overview
Hands On Exercises: multi-valued fields and multi-field search
Hands On Exercises: positive/negative review classification
Named Entity Recognition and Linking
Hands On Exercises: smart autocomplete, more like this and faceting
Vector Based Search
- Vector similarities techniques
- Vector retrieval techniques
- How Open Source Search Engines cover the functionality (Apache Lucene/Solr, Elasticsearch and Vespa)
- Hands On Exercises: let’s run Vector-based search in Open Source search engines
Deep Learning for Search
- Introduction to neural networks and deep learning
- Word Embeddings
- Synonyms generation and other applications
- Hands On Exercises: let’s start generating and using word embeddings
- Language Modelling with Transformers
- Pre-trained models and fine-tuning for specific tasks
- Hands On Exercises: let’s use BERT
- Query Intent Classification
- Hands On Exercises: recognize the user intent with Open Source
- Zero result queries
- Hands On Exercises: improvement for zero result queries with Open Source backed techniques
- Multi-language search
- Hands On Exercises: approach multi language search with Apache Solr and Elasticsearch
- Measure your progress
- Explainable artificial intelligence
Would you like to schedule a training for your Team?
Our trainings are meant for different targets ( business, developer and everything in between), and are individual/small groups/classroom-based.
We offer different levels of flexibility to make sure the training course will be a perfect fit for your requirements
ON SITE OR REMOTE
LIVE OR RECORDED
FROM BEGINNER TO EXPERT