What is Sease?
We are Sease, a tech company headquartered in London – but distributed all around the world!
Our passion is to bring the best Information Retrieval research principles, ideas and implementations from academia into real world products.
We work to deliver state of the art Information Retrieval systems (Search Engines, Recommender Engines, Q&A systems) able to satisfy our customer’s information needs in an easy and effective way.
We are Apache Lucene/Solr and Elasticsearch experts, and we are actively involved in research, a key value in Sease.
We are looking for an Apache Solr Software Engineer to join our Team
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding Apache Solr Software engineer eager to work alongside true experts in the field of Information Retrieval. We have years of experience working with powerhouse industry names such as Alfresco, Barclays and Universal Music Group.
Leverage your superior software development, analytical skills, and problem solving expertise, and we will challenge you with exciting and rewarding work!
- Experienced in search technologies, in particular Elasticsearch/ Apache Solr/ etc.
- Have a strong work ethic
- You enjoy writing clean, testable code
- You thrive solving non-trivial problems
- Own your projects with a track record of delivering on time.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English; other languages are beneficial.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Strong Java knowledge.
- Strong Python knowledge.
- Strong Apache Solr knowledge.
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology, and Jira software.
- Familiarity with machine learning, AI, and other technologies.
Your responsibilities include
- Build new search features for existing systems/products.
- Planning, architecting, designing, developing, testing, deploying and supporting search systems.
- Maintain existing code by fixing defects and executing technical debt items
- Working with your team under agreed upon deadlines to design, build, and deliver applications.
- Be part of Open Source communities and contribute back ideas and code
Working with us you will also receive:
- The ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Flexible hours
- Constant training and updating
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- 28 days of paid holiday per annum