R&D Software Engineer, Search Consultant, Director
Alessandro Benedetti is the founder of Sease.
Senior Search Software Engineer, his focus is on R&D in information retrieval, information extraction, natural language processing, and machine learning.
Experience with a great variety of clients has taught him to be a proficient, professional consultant.
Recently Alessandro has worked on integrating Apache Solr’s Learning To Rank in various company ecosystems with the aim of improving search result relevancy.
Prior to that he designed and developed an enterprise semantic search engine known as Sensefy using approaches such as Named Entity Recognition at indexing time, advanced autocompletion, and document similarity metrics.
When he isn’t developing a new search solution he is presenting the applications of leading edge techniques in real world scenarios at conferences such as ECIR, Lucene/Solr Revolution, Apachecon and Open Source Summit.
Specialties : (Semantic) Search Engines, Apache Lucene/Solr, Machine Learning
Open Source : Apache Lucene/Solr contributor, Apache ManifoldCF committer, RankLib committer
Current Research Topics : Document Similarity, Learning To Rank, User Behaviour Logging, Query Expansion
– “From Academic Papers To Production : A Learning To Rank Story” – ECIR, Mar 2018 @Grenoble
– “Advanced Document Similarity With Apache Lucene” – Open Source Summit, Jun 2017 @Tokyo
– “Lucene And Solr Document Classsification” – Apache Lucene/Solr Meetup, Mar 2017 @London
– “Lucene And Solr Document Classsification” – Apachecon, Nov 2016 @Seville
– “Multi Language Content Discovery Through Entity Driven Search” – Lucene/Solr Revolution, Nov 2014 @Washington DC
– “Content Discovery Through Entity Driven Search” – ECIR, Apr 2014 @Amsterdam