machine learning engineer
Data Scientist and R&D Software Engineer, her focus is on integrating Machine Learning (Learning to Rank technologies), Deep Learning (Neural Search) and Search Quality Evaluation into information retrieval systems. She loves exploring new technologies and applying state-of-the-art solutions in Search.
After an initial experience in the healthcare sector, believing strongly in the power of Big Data and Digital Transformation, Ilaria earned a Master in Data Science.
Since joining the Sease team (in 2020), she has gained a diverse range of experiences through projects related to Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing for Information Retrieval systems.
Ilaria has been working on integrating Learning To Rank and Search Quality Evaluation in e-commerce ecosystems, with the goal of improving their performance and the relevance of search results.
Additionally, she is an active member of the information retrieval research community, regularly sharing her knowledge through blogs and talks, contributing to open source projects, and participating at international conferences, such as Berlin Buzzword, where she presented her research on using word2vec to generate synonyms on the fly in Apache Lucene.
Learning to Rank
Search Quality Evaluation
✓ Learning to Rank
✓ Natural Language Processing
✓ Neural search
✓ Search Engine Performance
Latest blog posts
- Elasticsearch Neural Search Tutorial (Platinum/Enterprise)
- Elasticsearch Neural Search Tutorial
- Benchmark Apache Solr Performance with Apache JMeter
- Apache Solr Neural Search Tutorial
- How to Import Pandas in AWS Lambda
- Train and Test Sets Split for Evaluating Learning To Rank Models – Part 2
- Train and Test Sets Split for Evaluating Learning To Rank Models