- This event has passed.
University Seminar Series – “Let’s Build an Inverted Index: Introduction to Apache Lucene/Solr”, Padua, Italy
November 28, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
We are progressing our collaboration with the Department of Information Engineering(DEI) of the University of Padua with our first Seminar!
Who is this seminar for?
- Students that want to explore application of Information Retrieval in the real world through Open Source technologies
- Researchers, scientists and other practitioners
- Software engineers who work or want to work with Search technologies
- Team leads and IT executives who want to explore latest trends in Information Retrieval
Seminar ( Starting 3:00 pm)
Welcome & Latest News
Let’s Build an Inverted Index: Introduction to Apache Lucene/Solr
- From Theory to Production: the Open Source Landscape
- The Lucene Inverted Index
- Solr Schema Configuration
- Text Analysis: Char Filters, Tokenizers and Token Filters
- Indexing Phase
- Basic Search and Document Scoring
- Solr Query Debug