- This event has passed.
Deep Learning for Search – BERT and transformers 2022
September 8 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm£ 700
BERT and transformers
Recent advances in information retrieval have shown promising performance gain by utilizing large-scale pre-trained transformer-based language models like BERT.
This training gives you a better understanding of how BERT works and how you can integrate it with your search architecture to improve your relevance.
• Basic understanding of Search Engines and Machine Learning
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• How to use pre-trained language models and fine tune them for your specific use case
• The pros/cons of Document Expansion
• The pros/cons of Neural Term Scoring
• How to do that with Apache Lucene/Solr and Elasticsearch
• Technical Managers
• Technical Team Leaders
• Data scientists
• Software Engineers
Based on experience with leading companies including
NO PUBLIC TRAINING SCHEDULED
If you missed the training, you can easily ask for a private one by contacting us on the button below.
8th September 2022
If you can't participate, you can easily ask for private training by contacting us on the button below.
1x Deep Learning for Search – BERT and transformers – Training
Price: 700 GBP
APACHE LUCENE/SOLR COMMITTER
APACHE SOLR PMC MEMBER
Alessandro has been involved in designing and developing search-relevant solutions from 2010.
Over the years he has worked on various projects, with various open source technologies aiming to build search solutions able to satisfy the user information needs, often integrating such solutions with machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies.
RRE Creator Andrea Gazzarini is a curious software engineer, mainly focused on the Java language and Search technologies. With more than 15 years of experience in various software engineering areas, his adventure in the search world began in 2010, when he met Apache Solr and later Elasticsearch.
- A bit of history (challenges with exact matching, Deep Learning, semantic search)
- BERT and transformers
- Model fine-tuning (pairwise learning, Margin-MSE aka DistilBERT)
- Hands on Exercises: Fine-tuning with pairwise learning
- Hands on Exercises: let’s start generating and using word embeddings
- Hands on Exercises: let’s use BERT
Frequently Asked Question
The Deep Learning for Search BERT and transformers trainings will take place live on zoom!
We are working on being able to provide a recording of the training for those interested.
Everyone can participate on this training, the only prerequisites are written just over there!
Deep Learning for Search BERT and transformers training last 4 hours.
You will be able to ask every question you have during the training!
Your teacher will be:
– Alessandro Benedetti, Apache Lucene/Solr committer and Apache Solr PMC member.
Sure, at the end of the training you will receive a certificate of attendance by e-mail.
If you can’t attend last minute you can contact us and reschedule on a different date with our team. Bear in mind this will have to be a private training.
If you need it, you can consult our Training’s Terms and Conditions.
Yes, you can contact our Sales responsible Oriol Serra and find the best option for you and your team!